It was a huge success today when the college management and the representatives of FECOLART alumni sat for a brief meeting.
The meeting was chaired by the Provost of the College Dr. Oluyemi Solomon Akande. Other management officers that were present include
1. The Deputy Provost Academics - Dr. M. C. Jonah
2.The Registrar - Engr. Donatus Igbojionu
3. The Assistant PRO of the college - Chukwuka Nnaemeka Joseph.
Mr Obichere Austin Chika - Regent, Oforola Ancient kingdom (host community)
Members of the Alumni that were equally present include
1. Mr Nnamdi Osigwe ( Chairman)
2. Anozie Richmond (Secretary)
3. Ibekwe God'swill (Treasurer)
4. Mgbechinyere Gideon (Financial Secretary)
5. Ikeogu Chukwuka ( Welfare)
6. Eweama Ifeanyi (Member)
7. Emeka Henry (Member)
8. Ebirikwem Pascal (Member)
9. Chukwure Udochukwu (Member)
The wayforward of the school and the alumni body was extensively discussed.
However some highlights of the day was
1. The issue of recommendation letter from the Provost to the Alumni body for them to go ahead and open a joint account
2. Provost advised the alumni to go and incorporate more of her members.
3. Provost told the alumni to go and fix a favorable day for a larger meeting with the alumni body and the college management. Emphasis was laid that the alumni who are working in the college should be notified as well. Tentatively it might come up March 2020.
4. The college is working assiduously to have her convocation this year 2020.
5. The college will be going on air very soon as the 3 major radio stations in Owerri will be airing live transmission with us to answer some questions with regards to the college.
6. There was still words of encouragement from the management and urged the Chairman and his members to do more.
7. The Alumnus and Chairman of the FECOLART alumni also highlighted their inputs towards their members and promised to do more.
Chukwuka Nnaemeka Joseph
College Assistant PRO